'Tron' Helmer Joseph Kosinski to Direct 'Twilight Zone' Film (Exclusive)
Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way is producing the property, which is now being redeveloped.
Joseph Kosinski is about to enter The Twilight Zone. The Tron helmer is in negotiations to direct the big-screen redo of the sci-fi property for Warner Bros.
Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson Killoran are producing via their Appian Way banner, which is based at Warners.
A number of writers have taken a crack at the screenplay, including Anthony Peckham (Sherlock Holmes). The project is now being redeveloped for Kosinski. Plot details are being kept under wraps.
Created by Rod Serling, The Twilight Zone began as a TV series that ran for five seasons on CBS from 1959 to 1964. Subsequent TV series were revived in 1985 and 2002. The sci-fi classic, which revolves around paranormal and futuristic storylines, also spawned a 1983 film starring John Lithgow.
Scott Bloom is executive producing the new film version.
Kosinski most recently directed the Tom Cruise starrer Oblivion for Universal. He is attached to helm a Tron sequel at Disney.
Kosinski is repped by Verve, Reset and attorneys Barry Hirsch and David Matlof.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Nude Chelsea Handler Gets Confronted By Ellen DeGeneres In Funny 'Chelsea Lately' Finale Skit - Watch Now!
- Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston & Anna Gunn Step Out After Their Big Emmy Wins!
- Lady Gaga Shows Side Boob In New 'I Can't Give You Anything But Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Darren Criss Calls Beyonce's VMA Performance 'Flawless'