'Tron' Helmer Joseph Kosinski to Direct 'Twilight Zone' Film (Exclusive)
Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way is producing the property, which is now being redeveloped.
Joseph Kosinski is about to enter The Twilight Zone. The Tron helmer is in negotiations to direct the big-screen redo of the sci-fi property for Warner Bros.
Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson Killoran are producing via their Appian Way banner, which is based at Warners.
A number of writers have taken a crack at the screenplay, including Anthony Peckham (Sherlock Holmes). The project is now being redeveloped for Kosinski. Plot details are being kept under wraps.
Created by Rod Serling, The Twilight Zone began as a TV series that ran for five seasons on CBS from 1959 to 1964. Subsequent TV series were revived in 1985 and 2002. The sci-fi classic, which revolves around paranormal and futuristic storylines, also spawned a 1983 film starring John Lithgow.
Scott Bloom is executive producing the new film version.
Kosinski most recently directed the Tom Cruise starrer Oblivion for Universal. He is attached to helm a Tron sequel at Disney.
Kosinski is repped by Verve, Reset and attorneys Barry Hirsch and David Matlof.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)