'True Blood' Star Alexander Skarsgard in Talks to Join Thriller 'The East' (Exclusive)
The actor would co-star with Brit Marling, who co-wrote the screenplay about a female agent who infiltrates an eco-terrorist group.
True Blood star Alexander Skarsgard is in talks to join Brit Marling in The East, a thriller Marling co-wrote with her The Sound of My Voice collaborator Zal Batmanglij, who is directing.
While plot details are hazy, the story revolves around a female agent who infiltrates an eco-terrorist group. The title of the movie refers to the group’s name.
If a deal comes together, Skarsgard would play the leader of the group who seeks revenge against unethical corporations. Michael Costigan of Scott Free Prods. is producing the movie, which is eyeing a tentative Nashville shoot in October and November.
Fox Searchlight, which released Marling’s Another Earth and is opening Sound of My Voice, will likely distribute the film.
Skarsgard, who stars on Blood as the vampire Eric Northman, has slowly been building a solid feature career. He stars as the villain in Rod Lurie's Straw Dogs, which opens Sept. 16, as well as Melancholia, the latest pic from Lars von Trier. Also in the can is Universal’s big-budget sci-fi action pic Battleship, set to unspool next summer.
The actor, repped by CAA and Principal Entertainment, is currently shooting the indie drama What Maisie Knew with Julianne Moore.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR