Twilight Actress Joins 'White House Down,' 'Homefront' (Exclusive)
Rachel Lefevre joins Channing Tatum for "White House Down" and Jason Statham in "Homefront."
Rachelle Lefevre is strapping in for some excitement, booking roles in a pair of action movies.
The actress has joined Sony’s Channing Tatum thriller White House Down and Millennium Films' Jason Statham actioner Homefront in supporting roles.
In Down, about a paramilitary takeover of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Lefevre will play the ex-wife of Tatum, a Secret Service agent forced to save the White House.
The movie is shooting in Montreal with Roland Emmerich in the director’s chair.
In Homefront, about an ex-DEA agent (Statham) fighting a local drug lord in a small town, Lefevre will play a school psychologist who tries to warn the family about the dangers of living there.
Gary Fleder is directing the movie, which begins shooting Oct. 1 in New Orleans.
Lefevre, best known for her work in 2008's Twilight, appeared in Barney’s Version and recently finished shooting Pawn Shop Chronicles opposite Matt Dillon.
The actress, repped by WME, Pearl Hanan Management and Stone Meyer, just wrapped voicing the female lead opposite Christopher Plummer in the animated feature Sarila, which is set for a spring release.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack