'Twilight' Crosses 1 Million Followers on Twitter
The Summit franchise becomes the first film property to reach the milestone.
Call it Bella power.
Summit Entertainment says that its Twilight account has crossed the 1 million followers threshold on Twitter, marking the first time a movie page has reached the milestone.
The studio launched the handle in October 2009. Within 24 hours, @Twilight became a trending sensation.
To celebrate the million follower mark, Summit released a video to thank the fans who follow the film franchise on Twitter, which can be seen here.
The film franchise’s cast members are also thanking fans for their support, using the hashtag #Twihards4EVER.
Summit says that Twilight has 50 percent more followers than the next biggest film property.
The studio has used the handle to break exclusive content and news including one-sheets, first-look images and messages from the franchise’s filmmakers. For example, the @Twilight profile directed nearly 1.7 million views to the first teaser trailer for The Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn -- Part 2, which will bow Nov. 16.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jamie Dornan Got In Some Bowling While In NYC for 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer Promo!
- Cameron Diaz & Benji Madden Continue Their Romantic Vacation By the Sea in France!
- 'Walking Dead' Season Five Trailer Debuts at Comic-Con & It's So Intense!
- David Beckham Starts His Day Off Right with a Morning Workout