'Twilight' Crosses 1 Million Followers on Twitter
The Summit franchise becomes the first film property to reach the milestone.
Call it Bella power.
Summit Entertainment says that its Twilight account has crossed the 1 million followers threshold on Twitter, marking the first time a movie page has reached the milestone.
The studio launched the handle in October 2009. Within 24 hours, @Twilight became a trending sensation.
To celebrate the million follower mark, Summit released a video to thank the fans who follow the film franchise on Twitter, which can be seen here.
The film franchise’s cast members are also thanking fans for their support, using the hashtag #Twihards4EVER.
Summit says that Twilight has 50 percent more followers than the next biggest film property.
The studio has used the handle to break exclusive content and news including one-sheets, first-look images and messages from the franchise’s filmmakers. For example, the @Twilight profile directed nearly 1.7 million views to the first teaser trailer for The Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn -- Part 2, which will bow Nov. 16.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR