'Underworld: Awakening' Trailer (Video)
"It's a new war" in the fourth installment of the vampires vs. werewolves franchise.
After sitting out on 2009's Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, Kate Beckinsale returns as werewolf hunter Selene in Underworld: Awakening, the fourth of the film series.
Her rebirth in the franchise, as it were, occurs in typical sci-fi fashion (Terminator anyone?) with Selene awakening from a frozen state and emerging naked in a lab-type room with smoke machine clouds covering her privates.
One minute she's naked, the next, she has her trademark black pleather bodysuit on and is kicking butt.
Her voiceover explains, "I was held captive for 12 years..." cut to her punching a dude in a hallway "...now humans hunt the lycans and the vampires."
"It's a new war," says a character, but Underworld: Awakening brings the same dark look as the previous movies, plus a new monster to battle.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)