'Underworld' Reboot in the Works (Exclusive)
The Lycans and vampires are back
Welcome back to Underworld.
Lakeshore Entertainment is moving forward with a reboot of the vampire action franchise, hiring Cory Goodman to write the script.
Lakeshore's Tom Rosenberg and Gary Lucchesi are producing.
The first Underworld film, directed by Len Wiseman and starring Kate Beckinsale, was released in 2003. Playing the strong vampire Selena made Beckinsale into a bankable action star, and three films followed in 2006 (Underworld: Evolution), 2009 (prequel Underworld: Rise of the Lycans) and 2012 (Underworld: Awakening).
Underworld: Awakening, the 3D film that saw Beckinsale reprise her role as Selene, was the top earner in the franchise, taking in $160 million worldwide. The vampires versus werewolves franchise has grossed $458.2 million worldwide.
Goodman wrote the script for the 2011 film Priest, starring Paul Bettany. He also penned the script for the upcoming Summit film The Last Witch Hunter starring Vin Diesel, which is currently in pre-production. He's repped by WME, Aperture Entertainment and Hansen, Jacobson.
Follow Heat Vision
- The Letterman Years: Stories From Behind the Scenes of the Show That Changed Comedy Forever
- Mad Max: Fury Road Trailer: At the Very End of the World, Everything Looks Insane
- The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah Is Already in Trouble on Twitter [Updated]
- Ludacris on Ludaversal, Paul Walker, and Reinventing Himself
- Vin Diesel Debuts New 'Furious 7' Clip Starring Paul Walker on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' - Watch Here!
- Uzo Aduba & Lily Rabe Help Honor Sarah Paulson at MCC Theater Miscast Gala 2015!
- Scott Eastwood on Dad Clint: 'He Doesn't Give Handouts'
- Gigi Hadid: It's Not Okay to Model Until You're 25 & Then Become a Housewife