Universal Dumps Another Big Project: 'Wicked Lovely' In Turnaround
The move comes after it pulls the plug on "Ouija."
Universal has put Wicked Lovely, the adaptation of a series of best-selling Harper Collins novels by Melissa Marr, into turnaound.
Mary Harron (American Psycho) was attached to the project which was being produced by Vince Vaughn's Wild West Picture Show Productions.
The movie follows the high-profile plug-pulling of the studio’s Hasbro board game movie Ouija, which had McG attached to direct and Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes producing. But whlile the latter was due to budgetary concerns, Lovely is being set free due to the studio realizing the project doesn’t suit their needs. It wasn't nearly as close to a green light as Ouija was.
The book series is a Twilight-esque story set in the secret work of faeries and centers on a teenage girl who can see the hidden faery world. She confronts danger when not only do the faeries discover her ability, but also when one king decides she must be his bride.
Caroline Thompson, whose credits include a slew of Tim Burton movies including Edward Scissorhands and Corpse Bride, wrote the script.
The producers, who in addition to Vaughn include Valeri Vaughn and Peter Billingsley, will now attempt to find a new home for the project.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR