Universal, Jason Blum Throw 'Purge' Sequel Into Development
The original scared up $34 million on its opening weekend.
Hot off the massive success of the horror movie The Purge, producer Jason Blum and Universal have announced they are throwing a sequel into development.
It is unclear whether James DeMonaco, who wrote and directed Purge, will be back in the same capacity.
The Purge, a home-invasion horror thriller made for about $3 million, astonished Hollywood when it scared up $34 million on its opening weekend.
The movie’s world is rife for continued exploration as the story is set in a society where once a year, there's a 12-hour period when all crime is allowed and condoned.
Ethan Hawke and Lena Headey star in the movie.
More to come...
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Rita Ora and Calvin Harris: Working Together After a Breakup?
- From College To The Bright Lights Of Broadway: Meet 'Rock Of Ages' Leading Lady, Carrie St. Louis
- Blake Lively Pulls A Beyonce By Revealing Wedding Dress In Preserve Video
- Kristen Bell's Mary Poppins Takes On Minimum Wage With A Spoonful Of Sugar