Universal, Jason Blum Throw 'Purge' Sequel Into Development
The original scared up $34 million on its opening weekend.
Hot off the massive success of the horror movie The Purge, producer Jason Blum and Universal have announced they are throwing a sequel into development.
It is unclear whether James DeMonaco, who wrote and directed Purge, will be back in the same capacity.
The Purge, a home-invasion horror thriller made for about $3 million, astonished Hollywood when it scared up $34 million on its opening weekend.
The movie’s world is rife for continued exploration as the story is set in a society where once a year, there's a 12-hour period when all crime is allowed and condoned.
Ethan Hawke and Lena Headey star in the movie.
More to come...
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR