Universal, Jason Blum Throw 'Purge' Sequel Into Development
The original scared up $34 million on its opening weekend.
Hot off the massive success of the horror movie The Purge, producer Jason Blum and Universal have announced they are throwing a sequel into development.
It is unclear whether James DeMonaco, who wrote and directed Purge, will be back in the same capacity.
The Purge, a home-invasion horror thriller made for about $3 million, astonished Hollywood when it scared up $34 million on its opening weekend.
The movie’s world is rife for continued exploration as the story is set in a society where once a year, there's a 12-hour period when all crime is allowed and condoned.
Ethan Hawke and Lena Headey star in the movie.
More to come...
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014