Universal, Jason Blum Throw 'Purge' Sequel Into Development
The original scared up $34 million on its opening weekend.
Hot off the massive success of the horror movie The Purge, producer Jason Blum and Universal have announced they are throwing a sequel into development.
It is unclear whether James DeMonaco, who wrote and directed Purge, will be back in the same capacity.
The Purge, a home-invasion horror thriller made for about $3 million, astonished Hollywood when it scared up $34 million on its opening weekend.
The movie’s world is rife for continued exploration as the story is set in a society where once a year, there's a 12-hour period when all crime is allowed and condoned.
Ethan Hawke and Lena Headey star in the movie.
More to come...
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Killing's Mireille Enos Welcomes Second Child with Husband Alan Ruck!
- Pippa Middleton Gets Back to Work After Attending Nephew Prince George's 1st Birthday Bash!
- Taylor Schilling Is Such a Sweetheart to Fans at 'Letterman'!
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer, Starring Dakota Johnson & Jamie Dornan, Will Be Released Tomorrow!