Universal, Jason Blum Throw 'Purge' Sequel Into Development
The original scared up $34 million on its opening weekend.
Hot off the massive success of the horror movie The Purge, producer Jason Blum and Universal have announced they are throwing a sequel into development.
It is unclear whether James DeMonaco, who wrote and directed Purge, will be back in the same capacity.
The Purge, a home-invasion horror thriller made for about $3 million, astonished Hollywood when it scared up $34 million on its opening weekend.
The movie’s world is rife for continued exploration as the story is set in a society where once a year, there's a 12-hour period when all crime is allowed and condoned.
Ethan Hawke and Lena Headey star in the movie.
More to come...
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014
- Megan Fox Gets Covered in Blood for a James Franco Project
- Renee Zellweger Breaks Silence on New Look: 'I'm Glad Folks Think I Look Different'