Universal to Remake South African Crime Movie 'iNumber Number' (Exclusive)
Chris Morgan and his partner Emile Gladstone at Chris Morgan Productions are on board to producer the remake.
Universal Pictures has optioned the remake rights to iNumber Number, a South African thriller written and directed by Donovan Marsh that premiered at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival.
Chris Morgan, the writer of Universal’s Fast & Furious flicks, and his partner Emile Gladstone will produce the remake via their Universal-based Chris Morgan Productions. Aram Tertzakian of XYZ Films is also producing.
The action thriller centered on an honest undercover officer who, after he's cheated from a major promotion, crosses over from cop to robber in order to orchestrate a major heist that he hopes will be a one-way ticket to easy street. Things go awry when the gang discovers his true identity and take his partner hostage.
Marsh will not write or direct the remake and the studio and producers will seek a new writer for its remake.
Nate Bolotin and Nick Spicer, Tertzakian’s partners at XYZ, will executive produce.
Ainsley Davies will oversee production for Chris Morgan Productions and Kyle Franke for XYZ. Vice president of production Anikah McLaren and creative executive Chloe Yellin will oversee for the studio.
XYZ Films brokered the underlying rights deal with Universal on behalf of the producers of iNumber Number. (The original film was produced by Quizzical Pictures' Harriet Gavshon as well as JP Potgieter and Mariki van der Walt.)
Marsh is repped by ICM Partners.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)