Universal to Remake South African Crime Movie 'iNumber Number' (Exclusive)
Chris Morgan and his partner Emile Gladstone at Chris Morgan Productions are on board to producer the remake.
Universal Pictures has optioned the remake rights to iNumber Number, a South African thriller written and directed by Donovan Marsh that premiered at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival.
Chris Morgan, the writer of Universal’s Fast & Furious flicks, and his partner Emile Gladstone will produce the remake via their Universal-based Chris Morgan Productions. Aram Tertzakian of XYZ Films is also producing.
The action thriller centered on an honest undercover officer who, after he's cheated from a major promotion, crosses over from cop to robber in order to orchestrate a major heist that he hopes will be a one-way ticket to easy street. Things go awry when the gang discovers his true identity and take his partner hostage.
Marsh will not write or direct the remake and the studio and producers will seek a new writer for its remake.
Nate Bolotin and Nick Spicer, Tertzakian’s partners at XYZ, will executive produce.
Ainsley Davies will oversee production for Chris Morgan Productions and Kyle Franke for XYZ. Vice president of production Anikah McLaren and creative executive Chloe Yellin will oversee for the studio.
XYZ Films brokered the underlying rights deal with Universal on behalf of the producers of iNumber Number. (The original film was produced by Quizzical Pictures' Harriet Gavshon as well as JP Potgieter and Mariki van der Walt.)
Marsh is repped by ICM Partners.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Frank Ocean Just Released A New Song Called 'Memrise'
- Patti Smith's 'O Holy Night' Performed At 2013 Vatican Christmas Concert Is The Only Carol You Need
- Binge Watch Your Home Decorating Angst Away With These Thanksgiving TV Marathons
- Celebrities Instagram Their Thanksgiving Meals Just As Much As You Do
- Leslie Bibb Gets Dolled Up for 'Take Care' New York Screening with Thomas Sadoski!
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Are Huge 'Homeland' Fans, Says Damian Lewis
- Dwayne Johnson Starts Filming New HBO Comedy 'Ballers'!
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Interviewed by BFF Andrew Garfield for 'Gotham' Magazine Cover Story