Universal Shifts Release Date of Scarlett Johansson Action Movie 'Lucy'
Luc Besson directed the movie, which was originally slated for an early August opening.
In a late-inning release shuffle, Universal has shifted the opening of this summer’s Luc Besson action movie, Lucy.
The Scarlett Johansson starrer is moving up from Aug. 8 to July 25, 2014.
Reasons for the move were not immediately clear.
The July 25 date is already somewhat crowded. Paramount has Brett Ratner’s Hercules, starring Dwayne Johnson, opening while Columbia has the Cameron Diaz-Jason Segel comedy Sex Tape. Lionsgate has Step Up All In, the latest in the Step Up franchise.
Aug. 8 would have seen Lucy going up against Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which has plenty of interest from the younger demographics, potentially the same ones that could go see Lucy. Into the Storm, a tornado disaster movie from New Line poses additional competition. Also opening is the drama The Hundred-Foot Journey, starring Helen Mirren.
Follow Heat Vision
- Do I Really Need to Watch Empire? Your Pressing TV Questions, Answered
- The New Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Finally Shows Paul Bettany’s Vision
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Recap: Trippin’ in Amsterdam
- Self/less Trailer: Imagine You Looked Like Ben Kingsley But Then Got to Look Like Ryan Reynolds
- Daniel von Bargen Dead - 'Seinfeld' Actor Dies at 64 From Undisclosed Illness
- Courteney Cox Calls Ed Sheeran 'Amazing' For BRIT Awards 2015 Performance
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Final Trailer Released - Watch Now!
- Scott Eastwood Goes Shirtless, Spoofs the 'Bachelor' in 'Bachelor for Dogs' Video - Watch Now!