'Upside Down' Theatrical Trailer: Jim Sturgess, Kirsten Dunst Defy Gravity (Video)
The film, directed by Juan Diego Solanas, takes place on twin alien planets.
Jim Sturgess and Kirsten Dunst play two lovers who, it appears, are literally a world apart in the new science-fiction romantic thriller Upside Down.
The theatrical trailer for the Juan Diego Solanas-directed film has debuted, and it showcases an alien universe in which two planets are close together but inverted (Visually, the effect looks similar to scenes in Inception where city streets appear overhead).
Sturgess and Dunst are from opposing planets and their love appears forbidden.
"I come from the only known solar system with two twin planets -- each with its own and opposite gravity. Now in our world, it's possible to fall up and to rise down," Sturgess explains in a voiceover.
To thwart gravity, his character outfits himself with a pair of weights that allows him to walk on ceilings and travel to the world that Dunst inhabits.
Watch the trailer below:
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'