'Upside Down' Theatrical Trailer: Jim Sturgess, Kirsten Dunst Defy Gravity (Video)
The film, directed by Juan Diego Solanas, takes place on twin alien planets.
Jim Sturgess and Kirsten Dunst play two lovers who, it appears, are literally a world apart in the new science-fiction romantic thriller Upside Down.
The theatrical trailer for the Juan Diego Solanas-directed film has debuted, and it showcases an alien universe in which two planets are close together but inverted (Visually, the effect looks similar to scenes in Inception where city streets appear overhead).
Sturgess and Dunst are from opposing planets and their love appears forbidden.
"I come from the only known solar system with two twin planets -- each with its own and opposite gravity. Now in our world, it's possible to fall up and to rise down," Sturgess explains in a voiceover.
To thwart gravity, his character outfits himself with a pair of weights that allows him to walk on ceilings and travel to the world that Dunst inhabits.
Watch the trailer below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR