U.S. Under-18s National Hockey Team Turn to The Dark Side for Charity
The Force will be strong with the U.S. National Under-18s hockey team on January 18, when the team plays in Darth Vader-decorated jerseys as part of a charity event.
The combination of Star Wars and hockey isn't an immediately obvious one, but that hasn't prevented the U.S. National Under-18s Team from announcing a specially-themed Star Wars Night next month -- or wearing a uniform featuring an unexpected new choice of mascot: Darth Vader.
The special jerseys will be worn during the game on January 18, when the team faces off against Waterloo, with the jerseys auctioned off afterwards to benefit C.S. Mott Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor.
"This is the third-straight season we've held this fantastic promotion," senior director of operations at USA Hockey's National Team Development Program, Scott Monaghan said in a press release promoting the event. "Each year this night has grown and it's now one of the most popular games on the schedule."
The post-game auctions will be held online here, starting January 28 and running through February 13.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding