U.S. Under-18s National Hockey Team Turn to The Dark Side for Charity
The Force will be strong with the U.S. National Under-18s hockey team on January 18, when the team plays in Darth Vader-decorated jerseys as part of a charity event.
The combination of Star Wars and hockey isn't an immediately obvious one, but that hasn't prevented the U.S. National Under-18s Team from announcing a specially-themed Star Wars Night next month -- or wearing a uniform featuring an unexpected new choice of mascot: Darth Vader.
The special jerseys will be worn during the game on January 18, when the team faces off against Waterloo, with the jerseys auctioned off afterwards to benefit C.S. Mott Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor.
"This is the third-straight season we've held this fantastic promotion," senior director of operations at USA Hockey's National Team Development Program, Scott Monaghan said in a press release promoting the event. "Each year this night has grown and it's now one of the most popular games on the schedule."
The post-game auctions will be held online here, starting January 28 and running through February 13.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Anne Hathaway Does Tai Chi with Robert De Niro Again!
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak