U.S. Under-18s National Hockey Team Turn to The Dark Side for Charity
The Force will be strong with the U.S. National Under-18s hockey team on January 18, when the team plays in Darth Vader-decorated jerseys as part of a charity event.
The combination of Star Wars and hockey isn't an immediately obvious one, but that hasn't prevented the U.S. National Under-18s Team from announcing a specially-themed Star Wars Night next month -- or wearing a uniform featuring an unexpected new choice of mascot: Darth Vader.
The special jerseys will be worn during the game on January 18, when the team faces off against Waterloo, with the jerseys auctioned off afterwards to benefit C.S. Mott Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor.
"This is the third-straight season we've held this fantastic promotion," senior director of operations at USA Hockey's National Team Development Program, Scott Monaghan said in a press release promoting the event. "Each year this night has grown and it's now one of the most popular games on the schedule."
The post-game auctions will be held online here, starting January 28 and running through February 13.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR