Valiant Taps Wizard President, Former Marvel Editor Join Management Team
They join Peter Cuneo, former Marvel CEO and vice chairman, who was recently named chairman.
Valiant Entertainment announced that it is expanding its management team, appointing former Wizard Entertainment president Fred Pierce as publisher and former Marvel editor Warren Simons as vice president/executive editor.
They join Peter Cuneo, former Marvel CEO and vice chairman, who was recently named chairman of Valiant.
Pierce previously served as vice president of operations and manufacturing at Valiant before the company was sold to Acclaim Entertainment in 1994. He then served as president and COO of Wizard Entertainment, expanding the company to a line of entertainment magazines, starting the Wizard World conventions and guided the company into profitability in his first two years.
Simons relaunched/edited some of Marvel's most iconic titles, including The Invincible Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and Daredevil. His books were nominated for 11 Eisner Awards and 10 Harvey Awards.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR