'Vampire Diaries' Comes to Comics (Preview Art)
The comic book spinoff of the hit CW series launches next week, but here's a preview of the first issue.
With more than a hundred years of backstory, it's hardly a surprise that The Vampire Diaries needs more than its hit CW television series to fill in all the gaps. Next Wednesday sees the release of a new DC Entertainment comic series designed to do that very thing, and we have a five-page preview, giving you a taste of what to expect.
The new Vampire Diaries series collects stories from DC's digital series of the same name in print for the first time, starting with "Vervain" -- featuring the 19th century incarnations of Damon, Stefan and Julian -- by Colleen Doran and Tony Shasteen, who also provides one of the issue's covers.
The Vampire Diaries #1, the first in a monthly series, will be available in comic book stores January 8.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet