How Do the Trailers for 'Fifty Shades' and 'Secretary' Line Up? (Video)
It's James Spader's E. Edward Grey versus Jamie Dornan's Christian Grey in the battle of the big-screen BDSM romances.
A beautiful but inexperienced young woman walks into the office of a powerful businessman named Mr. Grey, and the two embark upon a steamy sadomasochistic affair together.
That logline applies as much to Universal's massively anticipated Fifty Shades of Grey adaptation as it does to Secretary, the 2002 indie sleeper in which James Spader plays E. Edward Grey (yes, Grey), a sexually dominant attorney who falls for his submissive secretary (Maggie Gyllenhaal).
How similar are the two films? To find out, we placed their trailers side by side. The results are strikingly symmetrical — so much so that you may find yourself wondering which movie the dialogue is actually coming from.
"Polite, intense, smart and intimidating." Is that in reference to Jamie Dornan's Christian Grey or Spader's E. Edward? "I've found someone to love in a way that feels right." Was that Dakota Johnson's Anastasia Steele or Gyllenhaal's Lee Holloway speaking just then?
Does it even matter? By the time the two title cards eerily appear on the screen at precisely the same moment, it's S&M deja vu all over again.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Frank Ocean Just Released A New Song Called 'Memrise'
- Patti Smith's 'O Holy Night' Performed At 2013 Vatican Christmas Concert Is The Only Carol You Need
- Binge Watch Your Home Decorating Angst Away With These Thanksgiving TV Marathons
- Celebrities Instagram Their Thanksgiving Meals Just As Much As You Do
- Leslie Bibb Gets Dolled Up for 'Take Care' New York Screening with Thomas Sadoski!
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Are Huge 'Homeland' Fans, Says Damian Lewis
- Dwayne Johnson Starts Filming New HBO Comedy 'Ballers'!
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Interviewed by BFF Andrew Garfield for 'Gotham' Magazine Cover Story