'Transcendence' Trailer: 'The End of Humanity As We Know It' (Video)
Johnny Depp stars in Oscar winner Wally Pfister's directorial debut.
The second full-length trailer for Johnny Depp's Transcendence reveals a closer look at the sci-fi film, with more of the actor as an A.I. run amok.
Depp plays Dr. Will Caster, an A.I. researcher who is shot by a member of a rogue anti-technology group. Rather than let him die, Depp's colleagues transfer his consciousness into the digital world, where Depp becomes the A.I. he's long tried to create. In the trailer, he begs his colleagues to connect him to the Internet so he can grow.
Transcendence also stars Rebecca Hall, Morgan Freeman, Paul Bettany, Kate Mara and Cillian Murphy. The film is the directorial debut of Wally Pfister, who won the best cinematography Oscar for Inception.
"If we don't stop him, it will be the end of mankind as we know it," says Freeman's character.
The film is being distributed by Warner Bros. and hits theaters April 18.
Production companies on the project are Alcon Entertainment, Straight Up Films, Inc. and Syncopy Films.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed