Scarlett Johansson Becomes Superhuman in First 'Lucy' Trailer (Video)
Luc Besson's sci-fi thriller follows a woman who, while working as a drug mule, ingests a substance that gives her special abilities.
Scarlett Johansson may be known for playing the ass-kicking Black Widow in the Marvel/Disney Avengers franchise, but she gets to become a completely different kind of superhuman in Luc Besson's upcoming sci-fi thriller Lucy.
The first trailer for the film introduces Johansson's character, a woman living in a futuristic Taipei, Taiwan, who is working as a mule for the mob. She inadvertently ingests a drug that she was carrying in her stomach -- and it gives her special abilities. Some of these special side-effects include: eyes that change color, the ability to write Chinese, superhuman strength and unlimited intelligence. Basically, it looks like the drug is allowing her to use more of her brain power than any other human.
Also starring Morgan Freeman, Lucy looks like a tension-filled, wild ride with Johansson running the show.
Universal will release the film on Aug. 8.
Watch the first trailer above.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images