Scarlett Johansson Becomes Superhuman in First 'Lucy' Trailer (Video)
Luc Besson's sci-fi thriller follows a woman who, while working as a drug mule, ingests a substance that gives her special abilities.
Scarlett Johansson may be known for playing the ass-kicking Black Widow in the Marvel/Disney Avengers franchise, but she gets to become a completely different kind of superhuman in Luc Besson's upcoming sci-fi thriller Lucy.
The first trailer for the film introduces Johansson's character, a woman living in a futuristic Taipei, Taiwan, who is working as a mule for the mob. She inadvertently ingests a drug that she was carrying in her stomach -- and it gives her special abilities. Some of these special side-effects include: eyes that change color, the ability to write Chinese, superhuman strength and unlimited intelligence. Basically, it looks like the drug is allowing her to use more of her brain power than any other human.
Also starring Morgan Freeman, Lucy looks like a tension-filled, wild ride with Johansson running the show.
Universal will release the film on Aug. 8.
Watch the first trailer above.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hunger Games: Mockinghay' Teaser Trailer Debuts at Comic-Con - See an Awesome Hologram Video!
- Chloe Moretz & Kellan Lutz Get the Fans Pumped at Comic-Con's MTVu Fandom Awards!
- Kesha Teases New Music on 'The Tonight Show': 'It's Super Top Secret & Awesome'
- Kings of Leon Perform Their Hit Songs on 'Good Morning America' - Watch Now!