Vin Diesel to Produce 'The Machine' for MGM
Diesel will also play “a human-like machine created in secrecy by the Pentagon as the world's first true ultimate weapon."
Hot off of Fast Five, Vin Diesel has come aboard to star and produce The Machine, an action comedy from MGM.
While MGM’s reputation around town is that of a remake factory, mining its library, Machine is an original project coming from Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant, the writers of Night at the Museum who also worked with Diesel on his action comedy The Pacifier.
According to MGM, Diesel will play “a human-like machine created in secrecy by the Pentagon as the world's first true ultimate weapon. Twenty years after the project was buried and decommissioned for reasons unknown, The Machine is discovered by a kid who befriends him. When the government learns it has been reactivated, the Machine must protect the family harboring him.
The project has no director but MGM says its eying a fall start.
Diesel will produce with his One Race Productions.
With the massive success of Fast Five -- $458 million worldwide and counting – many of the cast of the Universal movie are finding themselves back in the spotlight. Diesel’s acting career was scorching in the early 2000s with movies such as Fast and the Furious, XXX, Pitch Black and Pacifier, but had cooled down in the second half of the decade.
He is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR