Volkswagen Releases Sequel to Last Year's 'Star Wars' Super Bowl Commercial (Video)
The minute-long ad, "The Dog Strikes Back," hit the Internet this week.
Volkswagen has released a follow-up commercial to last year's Star Wars ad that aired during the Super Bowl.
Featuring an overweight dog that takes it upon itself to exercise (with the help of an instructional workout video), the minute-long spot -- titled "The Dog Strikes Back" -- followed the dog's successful progression, to the point where it caught up to a new, red-colored VW Beetle.
But not so fast, if you thought that was that, the camera pulled back to show creatures in the Star Wars-verse watching the ad on a TV. And when one of the bar guys declared the dog "funnier" than the Darth Vader kid in last year's ad, the Darth Vader kid did what he did best. "Sorry," the guy says apologetically as things went back to normal.
What are your thoughts on the new Super Bowl ad spot?
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR