Wachowski Siblings Introduce Themselves as 'Wachowski Starship'
The joke came at a Fantastic Fest screening of "Cloud Atlas."
Call them the Wachowski Starship.
Andy and Lana Wachowski, the visionary directing duo behind The Matrix Trilogy and the upcoming Cloud Atlas, realize that their old monicker -- the catchy "Wachowski Brothers" -- no longer applies, now that the former Larry Wachowski has successfully transitioned to female.
But "Wachowski Siblings" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
So Andy introduced the pair as "Wachowski Starship" at Tuesday's Fantastic Fest screening of Cloud Atlas at Austin's Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, according to a tweet from Devin Faraci of Badass Digest.
The name references rock band Jefferson Starship, who began as Jefferson Airplane in the 1960s and changed their name after retooling their lineup and sound in the 1970s. The band eventually dropped the "Jefferson" entirely in the 1980s over a legal dispute with the departing Paul Kantner.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR