Wachowski Siblings Introduce Themselves as 'Wachowski Starship'
The joke came at a Fantastic Fest screening of "Cloud Atlas."
Call them the Wachowski Starship.
Andy and Lana Wachowski, the visionary directing duo behind The Matrix Trilogy and the upcoming Cloud Atlas, realize that their old monicker -- the catchy "Wachowski Brothers" -- no longer applies, now that the former Larry Wachowski has successfully transitioned to female.
But "Wachowski Siblings" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
So Andy introduced the pair as "Wachowski Starship" at Tuesday's Fantastic Fest screening of Cloud Atlas at Austin's Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, according to a tweet from Devin Faraci of Badass Digest.
The name references rock band Jefferson Starship, who began as Jefferson Airplane in the 1960s and changed their name after retooling their lineup and sound in the 1970s. The band eventually dropped the "Jefferson" entirely in the 1980s over a legal dispute with the departing Paul Kantner.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign