Wachowski Siblings Introduce Themselves as 'Wachowski Starship'
The joke came at a Fantastic Fest screening of "Cloud Atlas."
Call them the Wachowski Starship.
Andy and Lana Wachowski, the visionary directing duo behind The Matrix Trilogy and the upcoming Cloud Atlas, realize that their old monicker -- the catchy "Wachowski Brothers" -- no longer applies, now that the former Larry Wachowski has successfully transitioned to female.
But "Wachowski Siblings" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
So Andy introduced the pair as "Wachowski Starship" at Tuesday's Fantastic Fest screening of Cloud Atlas at Austin's Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, according to a tweet from Devin Faraci of Badass Digest.
The name references rock band Jefferson Starship, who began as Jefferson Airplane in the 1960s and changed their name after retooling their lineup and sound in the 1970s. The band eventually dropped the "Jefferson" entirely in the 1980s over a legal dispute with the departing Paul Kantner.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup