Former 'Walking Dead' Showrunner in Talks to Pen Prequel to 'The Shining'
Glen Mazzara is in negotiations to pen the screenplay for the film, titled "Overlook Hotel."
Glen Mazzara, the ousted showrunner of The Walking Dead, is in negotiations to pen the screenplay to what is being called Overlook Hotel, the prequel to Stephen King’s horror classic The Shining.
For Mazzara, the project marks his first gig since he exited as showrunner on AMC's Walking Dead. The prolific producer, whose small-screen credits also include Crash and The Shield, recently signed a TV development deal with Fox Television Studios to develop cable projects under his new banner, 44 Strong Productions.
Under his oversight, The Walking Dead became TV's No. 1 scripted series in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demographic.
The Shining was set in a haunted hotel named the Overlook, and the prequel will look at what transpired there long before struggling author Jack Torrance brought his family there and went crazy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR