'Walking Dead' Coming to Universal Studios for Halloween
A terror tram and zombie-filled maze will put theme park visitors face to face with the undead.
Zombies will soon be terrorizing Universal Studios Hollywood.
Several The Walking Dead-inspired experiences are headed to the theme park for Halloween Horror Nights, including “Terror Tram: Invaded by The Walking Dead,” which will allow visitors on the studio's backlot.
The AMC drama, based on the comic book by Robert Kirkman, is the first TV series to be featured at Universal Studios.
“The Terror Tram is one of the most popular Halloween Horror Nights attractions since it’s the only time people can walk on the historic Universal backlot where the horror film genre was born,” Halloween Horror Nights Creative Director John Murdy said in a statement. “The juxtaposition of the backlot’s rural setting amid a small town devastated by a horrific plane wreckage complements the TV series’ sets almost to a tee and provides the ideal backdrop to showcase the walkers from AMC’s The Walking Dead on a grand scale.”
A zombie-filled maze, “The Walking Dead: Dead Inside,” will also hit Universal Studios. Other mazes featured take inspiration from the Silent Hill video game, rock icon Alice Cooper, and the Latin American legend “La Llorona: Cazadora de Niños.”
Halloween Horror Nights debuts Sept. 21, and continues through Oct. 31 on certain nights.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!