'Warcraft' Movie Will Have a 'Very Human Story,' Says Cooper
Actor promises a poignant, worthwhile story for Duncan Jones' 2016 adaptation of the popular game franchise.
If the prospect of watching orcs, dwarves and trolls on the big screen doesn't make the movie version of World of Warcraft sound particularly appealing, then don't worry. According to Dominic Cooper, the movie has a "very human story," and one that'll resonate with those of us who aren't living in a fantasy world.
Talking to Crave Online, the actor explained "There's a few of us that are humans in it that are up against tribes and problematic issues that exist in the world that we exist it." He went on to say that similar things are "happening all over the world at the moment and you see it happening all over. People have savaged their own lands and their own environment and they're having to find a new environment in which to move into through the hostility of others. If there's something as poignant as that that we can relate to and that we see unfolding in everyday life, then it will make it a worthwhile story."
Cooper went on to say that the script was what sold him on appearing in the movie, not the video game connection. "You can read all those amazing characters on the intricate detail of what the characters are worth and what they can achieve and what they can do [in the game]," he said, "but in this, the story is great."
Comparing movies to video games, he pointed out that movies lack the interactive lure of their counterparts. "The pleasure in a film is to be immersed in the world in a brilliant [way]," Cooper said, "even more beautiful than a video game, so there's got to be something more special about it and that ultimately comes down to storyline and content."
Directed by Duncan Jones, Warcraft is set for a 2016 release.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack