'Warcraft' Movie Will Have a 'Very Human Story,' Says Cooper
Actor promises a poignant, worthwhile story for Duncan Jones' 2016 adaptation of the popular game franchise.
If the prospect of watching orcs, dwarves and trolls on the big screen doesn't make the movie version of World of Warcraft sound particularly appealing, then don't worry. According to Dominic Cooper, the movie has a "very human story," and one that'll resonate with those of us who aren't living in a fantasy world.
Talking to Crave Online, the actor explained "There's a few of us that are humans in it that are up against tribes and problematic issues that exist in the world that we exist it." He went on to say that similar things are "happening all over the world at the moment and you see it happening all over. People have savaged their own lands and their own environment and they're having to find a new environment in which to move into through the hostility of others. If there's something as poignant as that that we can relate to and that we see unfolding in everyday life, then it will make it a worthwhile story."
Cooper went on to say that the script was what sold him on appearing in the movie, not the video game connection. "You can read all those amazing characters on the intricate detail of what the characters are worth and what they can achieve and what they can do [in the game]," he said, "but in this, the story is great."
Comparing movies to video games, he pointed out that movies lack the interactive lure of their counterparts. "The pleasure in a film is to be immersed in the world in a brilliant [way]," Cooper said, "even more beautiful than a video game, so there's got to be something more special about it and that ultimately comes down to storyline and content."
Directed by Duncan Jones, Warcraft is set for a 2016 release.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding