'Warm Bodies': First Four Minutes of Summit's Zombie Rom-Com Hits Web (Video)
Nicholas Hoult, as zombie teen R, unveils the postapocalyptic world he lives in, the danger that lurks and his best friend in new footage from the Feb. 1 release.
Nearly two months after Summit debuted the trailer for Warm Bodies, a zombie flick with a romantic comedy spin, the first four minutes of the film have hit the web.
The footage sets up the film, based on the YA novel by Isaac Marion, rather succinctly. Teenage zombie R (Nicholas Hoult) meets a girl named Julie (Teresa Palmer) and falls in love with her but soon realizes that their partnership is making him feel very human things.
The movie starts out with R wandering aimlessly through a destroyed airport, dreaming of what the zombies he passes by used to be like when they were living, breathing human beings. He also goes through his muddled thoughts to figure out just how they got to be the way they are: chemical warfare, perhaps?
R also warns of the Bonies, those annoying little creatures who'll "eat anything with a heartbeat." It's a state all zombies become, R observes, as he watches a zombie take off a chunk of what used to be flesh: "This is what I have to look forward to."
Then R introduces his best friend (Rob Corddry), and they engage in grunt-filled conversation. They even manage to exchange some words.
Warm Bodies, written and directed by Jonathan Levine (50/50), hits theaters Feb. 1.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR