'Warm Bodies' Trailer: Zombies Get a Romantic Comedy Spin (Video)
Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer play unlikely lovers in the film adaptation, in theaters February.
Zombies are all the craze, with The Walking Dead, the forthcoming World War Z and now, the romantic comedy Warm Bodies.
The official trailer for the film adaptation of the Isaac Marion book, which will play prior to the final installment of the Twilight franchise, has debuted -- and it depicts teen romance with a supernatural bent.
Warm Bodies centers on R (Nicholas Hoult), a zombie who finds himself in a post-apocalyptic America following -- yup, you guessed it, a zombie infiltration. He eats human brains to feed on their memories, literally. After finding his latest prey, R begins to fall in love with the victim's significant other Julie (Teresa Palmer).
It's unusual to think that a romance can brew between a zombie who only grunts, has a stilted speech and walks slowly (R's inner thoughts are provided via voice-over), but Warm Bodies attempts to do so. And yes, even zombies have desires and fears.
Watch the trailer above, and sound off in the comments below.
Warm Bodies hits theaters Feb. 1, 2013.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Lana Del Rey Tells Complex She Has 'Slept With A Lot Of Guys In The Industry'
- Jon Stewart Wants You To Help Him Buy CNN
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson And Jimmy Fallon Were Failed Fitness Instructors Once
- From "Eve Of Destruction" to "Already Gone": Conversations with Jack Tempchin and P.F. Sloan, Plus a Godsmack Track