Warner Bros. Nabs Sci-Fi Spec Script 'Second Sun' (Exclusive)
Justin Rhodes penned the adventure set on another planet.
CORRECTED: An earlier version of this story incorrectly titled the script Second Son.
Warner Bros. has picked up Second Sun, a sci-fi spec script from newcomer Justin Rhodes that has Scott Aversano attached to produce.
Rhodes worked in the low-budget film world editing shorts, and in 2009 he wrote and directed a low-budget action movie called Contract Killers. Focusing on writing, he penned a well-regarded script that got him representation with ICM and manager Kevin Donahue.
In between supporting himself and his family by working at his dad’s accounting firm, he then set about writing his next project, Second Sun. ICM hooked him up with Aversano, the former Nickelodeon president-turned-producer (The Last Airbender, the upcoming Safe House), who was looking for something in the genre, and the producer helped Rhodes further develop Sun.
Last week, Warners preemptively bought it. The studio is keeping the logline under wraps but sources say the story is an adventure set on another planet with twists.
Warners creative exec Chris Gary brought the project in. Sarah Schechter will oversee.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game