Warner Bros. Sets Release Date for 'Godzilla'
Warner Bros. and Legendary have set a May 16, 2014, date for their big-screen take on iconic movie monster Godzilla.
The project has been in development for several years but has been heating up in recent months. Warners and Legendary teased Godzilla with a trailer shown at Comic-Con that generated much applause.
Gareth Edwards, who made waves with his low-budget indie creature feature Monsters, is directing the movie which, according to the companies, “will return the character to its epic roots with a gritty, realistic actioner.”
Warners and Legendary also said the movie is “expected to be presented in 3D.” It is unclear if the movie will shoot in 3D or be converted after.
Screenwriters on the project include David Callaham (The Expendables), David S. Goyer (the Dark Knight trilogy) and Max Borenstein (The Seventh Son).
Warner Bros. will co-produce, co-finance and distribute per its deal with Legendary. Legendary's Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni are producing along with Dan Lin, Roy Lee, and Brian Rogers.
Warners will distribute the movie worldwide except in Japan, where it will be released by Toho Co, the Godzilla rights owner.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR