Warner Bros. Sets Release Date for Its 3D 'Tarzan' Movie
Alexander Skarsgard, Samuel L. Jackson, Margot Robbie and Christoph Waltz will star in the movie.
Warner Bros. has set a July 1, 2016 release date for its live-action 3D Tarzan movie.
Alexander Skarsgard, Samuel L. Jackson, Margot Robbie and Christoph Waltz have closed deals to star in the movie, whose title is yet to be determined.
The studio is now in pre-production on the picture, which will be directed by David Yates of Harry Potter fame. Jerry Weintraub is producing with David Barron and Alan Riche.
"Tarzan has been an enduring and enigmatic figure in literature and cinema for more than a century," said Warners worldwide marketing and international distribution president Sue Kroll as the studio made the announcement. "The adventures of a man who was torn between two worlds has entertained and intrigued people young and old, and we are excited to bring him to the screen for a new generation."
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'