Warner Bros. Sets Release Date for Its 3D 'Tarzan' Movie
Alexander Skarsgard, Samuel L. Jackson, Margot Robbie and Christoph Waltz will star in the movie.
Warner Bros. has set a July 1, 2016 release date for its live-action 3D Tarzan movie.
Alexander Skarsgard, Samuel L. Jackson, Margot Robbie and Christoph Waltz have closed deals to star in the movie, whose title is yet to be determined.
The studio is now in pre-production on the picture, which will be directed by David Yates of Harry Potter fame. Jerry Weintraub is producing with David Barron and Alan Riche.
"Tarzan has been an enduring and enigmatic figure in literature and cinema for more than a century," said Warners worldwide marketing and international distribution president Sue Kroll as the studio made the announcement. "The adventures of a man who was torn between two worlds has entertained and intrigued people young and old, and we are excited to bring him to the screen for a new generation."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!