Warner Bros. Sets Release Date for Its 3D 'Tarzan' Movie
Alexander Skarsgard, Samuel L. Jackson, Margot Robbie and Christoph Waltz will star in the movie.
Warner Bros. has set a July 1, 2016 release date for its live-action 3D Tarzan movie.
Alexander Skarsgard, Samuel L. Jackson, Margot Robbie and Christoph Waltz have closed deals to star in the movie, whose title is yet to be determined.
The studio is now in pre-production on the picture, which will be directed by David Yates of Harry Potter fame. Jerry Weintraub is producing with David Barron and Alan Riche.
"Tarzan has been an enduring and enigmatic figure in literature and cinema for more than a century," said Warners worldwide marketing and international distribution president Sue Kroll as the studio made the announcement. "The adventures of a man who was torn between two worlds has entertained and intrigued people young and old, and we are excited to bring him to the screen for a new generation."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR