Warner Horizon to Turn 'Oz' Into Fantasy TV Series with 'Red Brick Road'
Mark Wolper, Roy Lee and Adrian Askarieh will exec producer the series.
Warner Horizon is going beyond the yellow brick road, picking up fantasy Red Brick Road as a potential series.
Story details are being kept behind the curtain, but the concept is described as a continuation of the Wizard of Oz story but told in a Game of Thrones fashion, filled with politics, intrigue and violence.
The show is created by Rob Prior, who has worked as a concept artist on several movies and in the graphic novel field.
Red Brick Road comes with some big names as exec producers including Mark Wolper, Roy Lee and Adrian Askarieh.
Wolper and Lee are exec producing the much-buzzed-about A&E Show Bates Motel, which takes a prequel-style approach to the classic Psycho story.
Lee and Askarieh have Leonardo da Vinci and the Soldiers of Forever set up at Warner Bros. Pictures, which is based an idea by Askarieh. Askarieh is also a producer on the Hitman reboot that will star Paul Walker.
John Middelston and Jeff Krelitz will co-exec produce Red Brick Road. Krelitz is working on Peter Panzerfaust, based on the comic book series, with Julie Gardner (Doctor Who) for BBC Worldwide.
Warner Horizon is the production home for Pretty Little Liars, which airs on ABC Family, and produces Rizzoli & Isles and Dallas for TNT.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack