'Warrior' Director Gavin O'Connor Takes On Peter Pan Movie 'Neverland'
Channing Tatum is attached to star in the film for producer Joe Roth
Hot off the mixed martial arts drama Warrior, director Gavin O'Connor is in talks to take on Sony's Peter Pan project Neverland.
The studio confirms that O'Connor is the choice to direct the project that has Channing Tatum attached to play the lead. Billy Ray wrote the script for producer Joe Roth. Sony picked up the project a year ago, as THR previously reported.
Plot details are not known but Neverland, which was originally titled Pan, is said to be an origin story for the J.M. Barrie character, an immortal boy.
Warrior was a box office disappointment last fall for distributor Lionsgate but it generated positive reviews and led to an Academy Award nomination for co-star Nick Nolte.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum
- Questlove: Iggy Azalea's 'Fancy' Is A Game-Changer
- Eva Longoria Says The Way The Child Refugee Crisis Has Been Handled Is ‘Un-American'