Weinstein Co. Nabs Bong Joon Ho's 'Snowpiercer' in U.S., Other Territories
The post-apocalyptic action thriller stars Chris Evans, Song Kang-ho, John Hurt, Ed Harris, Tilda Swinton, Jamie Bell, Octavia Spencer, Ewen Bremner and Alison Pill.
The Weinstein Co. has acquired rights to Bong Joon Ho’s upcoming post-apocalyptic action thriller Snowpiercer in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.
The film stars Chris Evans, Song Kang-ho, John Hurt, Ed Harris, Tilda Swinton, Jamie Bell, Octavia Spencer, Ewen Bremner and Alison Pill.
The story, adapted by Bong and Kelly Masterson, is based on the French graphic novel Le Transperceneige.
Set in a future where a failed experiment to stop global warming creates an ice age that kills off all life on the planet except for the inhabitants of the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe and is powered by a sacred perpetual-motion engine. A class system evolves on the train, but a revolution brews.
Park Chan-wook, Lee Tae Hun and Jeong Tae-sung produced Snowpiercer. Miky Lee executive produced.
“Snowpiercer is the amazing vision of Bong Joon Ho," said Harvey Weinstein. "With a stellar cast led by Chris Evans, we look forward to bringing this action-packed thriller to audiences worldwide."
The deal was negotiated by the Weinstein Co.'s David Glasser, Dan Guando and Michal Podell Steinberg and CJ Entertainment's Steven Nam, Francis Chung, WME Global's Alexis Garcia and Steve Saltzman of Loeb & Loeb.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR