Wes Bentley Joins Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' (Exclusive)
"The Hunger Games" actor's casting fills the final vacant slot in the film's lineup, which already includes Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain.
Wes Bentley is in negotiations to join the all-star cast of Christopher Nolan's sci-fi movie Interstellar.
Bentley's casting fills the final vacant slot in the Interstellar lineup, which already includes Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Michael Caine, Casey Affleck and Topher Grace.
The script, by Nolan and his brother Jonathan Nolan, involves time travel and alternate dimensions and sees a group of explorers travel through a wormhole.
Plot details are being kept under wraps, as is Bentley's character description, though insiders describe it as a meaty supporting role.
Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros. are teaming on the big-budget tentpole that will be produced by Nolan, Emma Thomas and Lynda Obst. Jordan Goldberg is exec producing.
Bentley, who played Seneca in The Hunger Games, has quietly become one of the busiest actors in film. He appeared in eight films in 2012, including the mystery thriller Gone. He also co-stars in the upcoming Lovelace, which premiered at Sundance.
Last month, he was cast as the lead role Ryan Murphy's new HBO pilot Open.
Bentley is repped by WME, Untitled Entertainment and Morris Yorn Barnes.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Brooks Wheelan on His Post-SNL Plans, Returning to a Days Inn Budget, and Taking Comedians Camping
- A Most Wanted Man Is an Unshapely Movie That Showcases Philip Seymour Hoffman at His Peak
- Seinfeld Might Come to Netflix
- In the Outlandishly Entertaining Lucy, Scarlett Johansson Becomes One With the Action-Movie Universe