Wes Bentley Lands Role of Seneca Crane in 'Hunger Games'
The "American Beauty" actor joins Lionsgate's film adaptation of Suzanne Collins' novel.
American Beauty's Wes Bentley is the latest actor cast in the upcoming Lionsgate film, The Hunger Games.
Bentley will portray Seneca Crane, the head gamemaker of the 74th Hunger Games, in which Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) and Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson) are forced to compete against nearly two dozen other children/teens in a fight for survival.
Rounding out the rest of the main cast of the big-screen adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ novel is Liam Hemsworth as Gale, Elizabeth Banks as Katniss’ handler Effie, Paula Malcolmson as Katniss’ mother and newcomer Willow Shields as Katniss’ younger sister Prim. Key roles still left to be announced include tributes from three districts, Katniss’ designer Cinna, President Snow and mentor Haymitch.
Bentley, who has also starred in Ghost Rider, is repped by WME and Untitled Entertainment. He has several projects in the can, including Creeper and Hirokin.
The film, to be directed by Gary Ross from a screenplay by Billy Ray, is slated for a March 23, 2012 release.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR