What If 'Aliens' Became a Sitcom? (Video)
A new parody video imagines a world where James Cameron's follow-up to the Ridley Scott horror movie was turned into a primetime sitcom.
From the original Ridley Scott horror movie through the more action-genre hijinks of James Cameron's Aliens, quasi-arthouse leanings of Alien 3 and whatever-that-was Prometheus -- not to mention Alien: Resurrection and the Aliens Vs. Predator movies -- 20th Century Fox's Alien franchise has been through a lot of changes in its long history. However, it has never been a straight-up comedy -- until now.
Created by Dorks of Yore -- a YouTube channel featuring the work of Mad TV's Pat Kilbane and The New in Living Color's Melissa McQueen -- Aliens: The Sitcom suggests that Cameron's Aliens had been such a success in 1986 that it was spun off into primetime sitcom Hosts, with (as you'd expect) "hilarious consequences."
Somewhere, someone at Fox is trying to work out if there's a way to make this work on a weekly basis (Spoiler: No). Still, at least now we have a great model for the final episode of Dads. Watch the video below:
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- 13 New Photos From Game of Thrones Season 5
- An Open Letter to the Jerk at This Week’s Savages Show
- Casey Affleck and Matthias Schoenaerts to Explore the Beauty and Majesty of the American Wilderness for HBO’s Lewis and Clark
- Game of Thrones Season 5’s First Trailer Promises a Lot of Changes From the Book
- Elizabeth Olsen Supports Fight Against AIDS with Dita Von Teese & Conchita Wurst at Sidaction Gala Dinner 2015
- Zachary Quinto Supports Taylor Schilling & Peter Dinklage at 'A Month In the Country' Opening Night Party!
- Shirtless Eddie Redmayne Shows Off Impressive Six-Pack Abs in Sexy 'Jupiter Ascending' Still
- Amy Poehler Gets Epic Homecoming As Hasty Pudding's Woman of the Year 2015!