What If 'Star Wars' Had an Animated Spinoff in the '80s? (Video)
Take a peek at the greatest Saturday morning cartoon never made.
One of the saddest things about the earliest flushes of Star Wars' success was that -- after-the-fact Ewoks and Droids spinoffs aside -- the franchise never had the Saturday morning cartoon that it so richly deserved. Until now.
Star Wars: The Lost 1980s Anime, a parody video animated by Shamoozal for Nacho Punch, may not be a note-perfect re-creation of the mid-80s animated wonder that the world was robbed of -- the animation is a little bit too simple for that, sadly -- but it does suggest some of the greatness that we missed out on.
Also, if Disney and Lucasfilm want to license an official animated series that comes complete with a Centurions-esque transformation for Luke Skywalker as he "activates" his Jedi powers, I wouldn't say no. That was even more fun than the Voltron combination of Luke's X-Wing and the Millennium Falcon.
Watch the video below. In a perfect world, this would have been nestled between the original G.I. Joe and Transformers cartoons.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio Awarded at Global Citizen Awards, Raps 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!