What If 'Star Wars' Had an Animated Spinoff in the '80s? (Video)
Take a peek at the greatest Saturday morning cartoon never made.
One of the saddest things about the earliest flushes of Star Wars' success was that -- after-the-fact Ewoks and Droids spinoffs aside -- the franchise never had the Saturday morning cartoon that it so richly deserved. Until now.
Star Wars: The Lost 1980s Anime, a parody video animated by Shamoozal for Nacho Punch, may not be a note-perfect re-creation of the mid-80s animated wonder that the world was robbed of -- the animation is a little bit too simple for that, sadly -- but it does suggest some of the greatness that we missed out on.
Also, if Disney and Lucasfilm want to license an official animated series that comes complete with a Centurions-esque transformation for Luke Skywalker as he "activates" his Jedi powers, I wouldn't say no. That was even more fun than the Voltron combination of Luke's X-Wing and the Millennium Falcon.
Watch the video below. In a perfect world, this would have been nestled between the original G.I. Joe and Transformers cartoons.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10