What If 'Star Wars' Had an Animated Spinoff in the '80s? (Video)
Take a peek at the greatest Saturday morning cartoon never made.
One of the saddest things about the earliest flushes of Star Wars' success was that -- after-the-fact Ewoks and Droids spinoffs aside -- the franchise never had the Saturday morning cartoon that it so richly deserved. Until now.
Star Wars: The Lost 1980s Anime, a parody video animated by Shamoozal for Nacho Punch, may not be a note-perfect re-creation of the mid-80s animated wonder that the world was robbed of -- the animation is a little bit too simple for that, sadly -- but it does suggest some of the greatness that we missed out on.
Also, if Disney and Lucasfilm want to license an official animated series that comes complete with a Centurions-esque transformation for Luke Skywalker as he "activates" his Jedi powers, I wouldn't say no. That was even more fun than the Voltron combination of Luke's X-Wing and the Millennium Falcon.
Watch the video below. In a perfect world, this would have been nestled between the original G.I. Joe and Transformers cartoons.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Jennifer Garner's Birthday Will Be Spent At A Talent Show
- Pharrell Williams Tells Oprah About The Big Mistake He Made On His First Solo Album (VIDEO)
- The First 'Orange Is The New Black' Season 2 Trailer Is Finally Here And It's Amazing
- A Bloods General Describes Gang Life In Exclusive Clip From Tribeca Film, 'Five Star'