What If 'Star Wars' Had an Animated Spinoff in the '80s? (Video)
Take a peek at the greatest Saturday morning cartoon never made.
One of the saddest things about the earliest flushes of Star Wars' success was that -- after-the-fact Ewoks and Droids spinoffs aside -- the franchise never had the Saturday morning cartoon that it so richly deserved. Until now.
Star Wars: The Lost 1980s Anime, a parody video animated by Shamoozal for Nacho Punch, may not be a note-perfect re-creation of the mid-80s animated wonder that the world was robbed of -- the animation is a little bit too simple for that, sadly -- but it does suggest some of the greatness that we missed out on.
Also, if Disney and Lucasfilm want to license an official animated series that comes complete with a Centurions-esque transformation for Luke Skywalker as he "activates" his Jedi powers, I wouldn't say no. That was even more fun than the Voltron combination of Luke's X-Wing and the Millennium Falcon.
Watch the video below. In a perfect world, this would have been nestled between the original G.I. Joe and Transformers cartoons.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!