'White Queen' Creator to Adapt 'The Finisher' for Columbia (Exclusive)
Matt Tolmach is producing the studio's adaptation of the David Baldacci YA book
Emma Frost, who created the Emmy-nominated miniseries The White Queen, has been tapped to adapt The Finisher, Columbia Pictures’ adaptation of the YA book by David Baldacci.
Finisher, the first in a series, is the best-selling thriller author's debut into the hot and lucrative YA scene
Matt Tolmach is producing the adaptation, which centers on a regimented community named Wormwood that is surrounded by a forest filled with mysterious and dangerous beasts. When the 14-year old protagonist spies her mentor running into that forest, it sets the girl on a mystical adventure to find the truth about her town.
Hannah Minghella and Lauren Abrahams are overseeing for Columbia.
Frost’s Queen, the female-centric drama set in 15th century England that aired on Starz, is up for an Emmy for outstanding miniseries. Frost also wrote episodes of Showtime’s Shameless and BBC’s adaptation of the Daphne du Maurier novel Jamaica Inn.
She is repped by WME and the Writers Company in the UK.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- Jack Falahee on How to Get Away With Murder, Viola Davis, and His Cast BFFs
- Which Braverman Made Us Cry the Most on Parenthood? A Very Scientific Ranking
- Why Are There So Many Arnolds in This Terminator: Genisys Trailer?
- This Trailer for the New Divergent Movie Is Actually Trying to Get Us to Call It The Divergent Series: Insurgent
- Pregnant Isla Fisher Works on Her Fitness Before Giving Birth
- Seattle Seahawks Cornerback Richard Sherman's Son Could Be Born on Super Bowl Sunday 2015!
- Adrian Grenier Pitches New Movie About a Whale at Sundance
- Amy Schumer Freaks Out Anna Kendrick in First Promo for MTV Movie Awards 2015 - Watch Now!