Why Fanfiction is Taking Over the World: Book Review
A lost interview with "Fifty Shades" author EL James helps "Fic" illuminate the mysterious subculture of fan fiction in this collection, which includes essays from authors, well-known actors, fans and others.
Somewhere, you may have encountered the phrase "fanfic." Perhaps it was in relation to EL James' Fifty Shades of Grey, which started as Twilight fan fiction -- a story about Edward and Bella that never would pass Stephenie Meyer's muster.
Maybe you read about Amazon's Worlds, which aims to monetize fanfic by selling it to the devoted. And reworked fanfic regularly pops up on the best-seller list, with several writers scoring six- and seven-figure advances.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!