Why Fanfiction is Taking Over the World: Book Review
A lost interview with "Fifty Shades" author EL James helps "Fic" illuminate the mysterious subculture of fan fiction in this collection, which includes essays from authors, well-known actors, fans and others.
Somewhere, you may have encountered the phrase "fanfic." Perhaps it was in relation to EL James' Fifty Shades of Grey, which started as Twilight fan fiction -- a story about Edward and Bella that never would pass Stephenie Meyer's muster.
Maybe you read about Amazon's Worlds, which aims to monetize fanfic by selling it to the devoted. And reworked fanfic regularly pops up on the best-seller list, with several writers scoring six- and seven-figure advances.
Follow Heat Vision
- Dierks Bentley Weighs In On The 'Girl Crush' Country Radio Controversy
- Cookie Lyon of Fox's 'Empire' Sheds Rare Light on Black Women's Incarceration and Reentry
- Ryan Reynolds Spoofs Burt Reynolds In First 'Deadpool' Photo
- What Lindsay From 'Freaks And Geeks' Would Be Up To Today, According to Linda Cardellini
- Sean Hayes & Hubby Lip Sync Iggy Azalea & Jennifer Hudson's 'Trouble' - Watch Now!
- Kim Kardashian's Platinum Blonde Hair Looks Amazing on 'Elle France' April 2015 Cover
- Zayn Malik & Fiancee Perrie Edwards Spotted Out Separately After Leaving One Direction
- Carey Mulligan Talks Cooking Spaghetti Bolognese in 'Skylight' Every Night on 'The Tonight Show' - Watch Here!