Will 'Angry Birds' Crossover with 'Transformers'?
More than meets the ... pig? A report from London's 2014 Toy Fair cites Hasbro listing a new "Angry Bird Transformers" line for later this year.
Having already crossed over with Star Wars, it was probably only a matter of time before Rovio's successful Angry Birds collided with another massive pop culture franchise. According to a report from the London Toy Fair 2014, that time is nigh. Are you ready for Angry Birds Transformers?
The Idle Hands blog has a list of Hasbro product releases for 2014, and amidst the many Transformers products scheduled for the franchise's 30th anniversary are five Angry Birds-related releases set for September: "Racers," "Battle Packs," an "Energon Multi-Pack," "Bumblebee Blast" and "Telepods Optimus Raceway."
To date, neither Rovio nor Hasbro has officially announced a partnership to cross promote the two brands. However, if this report is accurate, perhaps we should expect an Angry Birds Transformers game at some point this year to accompany the toy line -- not to mention a possible comic book crossover, now that both are licensed by IDW Publishing.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills