Will 'Angry Birds' Crossover with 'Transformers'?
More than meets the ... pig? A report from London's 2014 Toy Fair cites Hasbro listing a new "Angry Bird Transformers" line for later this year.
Having already crossed over with Star Wars, it was probably only a matter of time before Rovio's successful Angry Birds collided with another massive pop culture franchise. According to a report from the London Toy Fair 2014, that time is nigh. Are you ready for Angry Birds Transformers?
The Idle Hands blog has a list of Hasbro product releases for 2014, and amidst the many Transformers products scheduled for the franchise's 30th anniversary are five Angry Birds-related releases set for September: "Racers," "Battle Packs," an "Energon Multi-Pack," "Bumblebee Blast" and "Telepods Optimus Raceway."
To date, neither Rovio nor Hasbro has officially announced a partnership to cross promote the two brands. However, if this report is accurate, perhaps we should expect an Angry Birds Transformers game at some point this year to accompany the toy line -- not to mention a possible comic book crossover, now that both are licensed by IDW Publishing.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing