Will Smith in Talks to Star in 'Brilliance'
David Koepp wrote the script, which adapts the book by Marcus Sakey.
Will Smith is in early talks to star in Brilliance, Legendary’s adaptation of the Marcus Sakey novel.
Julius Onah is directing the project, which has a script by David Koepp. Joe Roth is producing.
The book takes place in a world where a rare set of people are born with extraordinary abilities and are called “brilliants.” At the center of the story is a federal agent with great hunting gifts who is drafted to hunt down a terrorist, another such brilliant who intends to start a civil war.
Smith would play the agent.
The talks are in the early stages but sources say Smith became involved at the same when Onah, known mostly for his shorts but who helmed the 2012 drama The Girl Is in Trouble, came on board.
Smith next stars with Margot Robbie in the Warner Bros. heist movie Focus.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR