Will Smith in Talks to Star in 'Brilliance'
David Koepp wrote the script, which adapts the book by Marcus Sakey.
Will Smith is in early talks to star in Brilliance, Legendary’s adaptation of the Marcus Sakey novel.
Julius Onah is directing the project, which has a script by David Koepp. Joe Roth is producing.
The book takes place in a world where a rare set of people are born with extraordinary abilities and are called “brilliants.” At the center of the story is a federal agent with great hunting gifts who is drafted to hunt down a terrorist, another such brilliant who intends to start a civil war.
Smith would play the agent.
The talks are in the early stages but sources say Smith became involved at the same when Onah, known mostly for his shorts but who helmed the 2012 drama The Girl Is in Trouble, came on board.
Smith next stars with Margot Robbie in the Warner Bros. heist movie Focus.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David