Winona Ryder In Talks For 'Homefront' (Exclusive)
Actress in negotiations to join Jason Statham, James Franco in action movie written by Sylvester Stallone.
Winona Ryder is in negotiations to join Jason Statham and James Franco in Homefront, Millennium’s action movie scripted by Sylvester Stallone.
Kid actor Izabela Vidovic is also boarding the production, which is expected to get underway Sept. 24 in New Orleans with Gary Fleder directing.
The project, based on a book by Chuck Logan, centers on a an ex-DEA agent (Statham) who moves to a small town in the hope of a quiet life but runs afoul of a villainous meth kingpin named Gator (Franco).
Ryder will play a former biker chick partnered with Franco. Vidovic is playing Statham’s daughter.
Stallone is producing with Kevin King Templeton and Rene Besson. Avi Lerner and Trevor Short executive produce.
Ryder just wrapped The Iceman, a thriller starring Chris Evans and Michael Shannon, for Millennium. She also voiced a character in Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie.
Ryder is repped by Gersh and Hirsch Wallerstein.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10