'Wolf of Wall Street's' Margot Robbie Joining Postapocalyptic 'Z for Zachariah'
Chris Pine and Chiwetel Ejiofor are already on board the adaptation of the Robert C. O'Brien novel.
Having broken though with her performance as Leonardo DiCaprio's wife in The Wolf of Wall Street, Australian actress Margot Robbie has set her sights on her next movie project.
The actress is in negotiations to join the cast of Z for Zachariah, a postapocalyptic indie that stars Chris Pine and Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Craig Zobel is directing the movie, an adaptation of the novel by Robert C. O'Brien.
Amanda Seyfried was to have originally starred in the lead role of an American teen who is seemingly the sole survivor of a nuclear war, but who soon finds herself with a visitor. Robbie will replace Seyfried and the character will be aged up. The movie had been pushed back from its 2013 start date and Seyfried could no longer commit to the part.
Nissar Modi wrote the script.
Gary Ross and Lucky Hat Entertainment’s Steve Bannatyne are executive producing along with Silver Reel’s Claudia Bluemhuber and Lotus Entertainment’s Jim Seibel and Bill Johnson.
Robbie is repped by CAA and Management 360.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- David Lynch Thinks No One Will Ever Agree on What Eraserhead Is About
- Report: 7 More Actresses Are Being Considered for True Detective Lead
- My Father Was James Brown. I Watched Him Beat My Mother. And Then I Found Myself With Someone Like Dad.
- Abbi and Ilana Talk Cereal in This World Premiere of Their Web Series Hack Into Broad City
- Geoff Stults & Colin Egglesfield Go Shirtless at Nautica Triathlon!
- Lady Gaga Celebrates The Late Paul Horn with 'Nature Boy' Tony Bennett Duet - Listen Now!
- Kristen Bell & Husband Dax Shephard Look Perfect Together at 'This Is Where I Leave You' Premiere
- Rihanna Slams CBS For Pulling Her Song From Thursday Night Football Intro