'Wolf of Wall Street's' Margot Robbie Joining Postapocalyptic 'Z for Zachariah'
Chris Pine and Chiwetel Ejiofor are already on board the adaptation of the Robert C. O'Brien novel.
Having broken though with her performance as Leonardo DiCaprio's wife in The Wolf of Wall Street, Australian actress Margot Robbie has set her sights on her next movie project.
The actress is in negotiations to join the cast of Z for Zachariah, a postapocalyptic indie that stars Chris Pine and Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Craig Zobel is directing the movie, an adaptation of the novel by Robert C. O'Brien.
Amanda Seyfried was to have originally starred in the lead role of an American teen who is seemingly the sole survivor of a nuclear war, but who soon finds herself with a visitor. Robbie will replace Seyfried and the character will be aged up. The movie had been pushed back from its 2013 start date and Seyfried could no longer commit to the part.
Nissar Modi wrote the script.
Gary Ross and Lucky Hat Entertainment’s Steve Bannatyne are executive producing along with Silver Reel’s Claudia Bluemhuber and Lotus Entertainment’s Jim Seibel and Bill Johnson.
Robbie is repped by CAA and Management 360.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game