'Wolverine' Sequel Gets a Release Date
The followup to 2009's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" has been set for the summer of 2013.
Fox has set a July 23, 2013 release date for The Wolverine, the sequel to 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
That date puts the comic book movie on the same date as Lionsgate’s Dirty Dancing remake, which is to be directed by Kenny Ortega, and Disney’s big-screen version of its popular cartoon, Phineas and Ferb.
The only possible competition at this time is Universal’s untitled sci-fi Tom Cruise movie (formerly known as Horizons and Oblivion) which opens a week earlier.
For Wolverine, Hugh Jackman is back as the title character, the Canadian mutant with healing powers and an unbreakable retractable claws. James Mangold is on board to direct the pic, whose story is set in Japan.
The movie had seen its production start pushed beck several times but in dating the movie, Fox is now making this production a priority.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR