'Wolverine' Trailer: Hugh Jackman Fights Sword-Wielding Enemies, Mortality
The comic book sequel is scheduled for release July 26 in the U.S.
The first true The Wolverine trailer has hit the web -- and, yes, it's much longer than six seconds.
Clocking in at nearly two minutes, the domestic trailer for the Hugh Jackman sequel to the 2009 X-Men origins film finds Logan in Japan fighting off sword-wielding enemies and contemplating his own mortality.
"What I am, what they did to me, can't be undone," he says after the trailer reveals that Wolverine is apparently offered a chance to undo his supernatural healing abilities.
The Silver Samarai (Will Yun Lee), who boasts electric armor, will be one villain in the film. As THR previously noted, the James Mangold-directed action title draws its story from the Claremont-Frank Miller Wolverine series of the 1980s.
The film is scheduled for release July 26 stateside.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet