'Wolverine' Writer Tapped for 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' (Exclusive)
Mark Bomback is writing the 'Apes' sequel, which will see Andy Serkis return as Caesar the chimp.
Mark Bomback, whose writing credits include Live Free or Die Hard as well as the recent Total Recall remake, has been tapped to work on Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
Matt Reeves, stepping into the shoes originally worn by Rupert Wyatt, is directing the sequel to Fox’s 2011 hit, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, with the new movie continuing the story of how ultra-intelligent simian Caesar presides over the fall of human civilization.
Andy Serkis is returning as Caesar, and Peter Chernin is back as producer. Fox has set a May 23, 2014, release date.
Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa, who penned the first installment, wrote the initial draft for Dawn. Scott Burns had written a draft for Wyatt but when Reeves came on board, the studio and producers wanted something tailored for Reeves.
Bomback is no stranger to the Apes world as he did uncredited script doctoring on Rise.
Along with Die Hard and Recall, Bomback also worked on Unstoppable, the Tony Scott runaway-train thriller starring Denzel Washington and Chris Pine, and The Wolverine, the forthcoming installment of the Marvel mutant inhabited by Hugh Jackman. The latter two were Fox movies.
Bomback is repped by WME and Adam Shulman at Anonymous.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)