Wonder Woman Casting: Twitter Reacts
Fandom has responded to the casting of Gal Gadot as DC's premier superheroine as you might expect: with somewhat confused derision.
No matter who was selected to play the big-screen Wonder Woman, it was always going to be a controversial choice (See also: "Hey, remember when Ben Affleck was chosen to play Batman and the Internet exploded?"). With Gal Gadot named as the first cinematic incarnation of Diana in her 72-year history, it comes as absolutely no surprise that fandom collectively took to Twitter to voice its reaction.
Wonder Woman has been cast. Internet premature meltdown commencing in 5, 4, 3, 2...
— Ron Marz (@ronmarz) December 4, 2013
So progressive of the WB to announce Wonder Woman won't get her own movie a week after 2 of the biggest female-lead movies ever opened.
— Faith Erin Hicks (@faitherinhicks) December 4, 2013
Should've cast Beyonce as Wonder Woman. She's one of the biggest stars on earth, & there's no better publicity than racists yelling at you.
— Joe Hughes (@JoeHughes28) December 4, 2013
Wonder Woman, but directed by Snyder. "Here's this cookie, ps it's made of razorblades."
— Sarah Kuhn (@sarahkuhn) December 4, 2013
I cant wait for the swooping camera shot of batman, superman & wonder woman standing back to back surrounded by villains. #internetsnark
— James Viscardi (@JimViscardi) December 4, 2013
I am cautiously optimistic about this Wonder Woman news.
— Gail Simone (@GailSimone) December 4, 2013
I've met Gal Gadot. She's very pretty. She also looks like she'd snap in half if I leaned on her wrong.
— Drew McWeeny (@DrewAtHitFix) December 4, 2013
Gal Gadot was in the Israeli army for two years.
— Brett Whitechristmas (@brettwhite) December 4, 2013
"Gal Gadot is too skinny!" "Jennifer Lawrence is too fat!" "This chair is juuuust right."
— Alex Zalben (@azalben) December 4, 2013
Hey we haven't even seen the new Wonder Woman actress in costume yet -- hold your horses, nerds.
— jessiawesome (@jessiawesome) December 4, 2013
Just remember: The movie's still more than a year away. If you've not announced your allegiance to Team Gadot or Team God No, there's a lot of time left to make that happen.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Lindsay Lohan Dazzles Us With Her Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Nicole Scherzinger Leaves Ibiza After Displaying Her Fabulous Figure in a Teeny Bikini
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Shine Bright at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014