Wonder Woman Casting: Twitter Reacts
Fandom has responded to the casting of Gal Gadot as DC's premier superheroine as you might expect: with somewhat confused derision.
No matter who was selected to play the big-screen Wonder Woman, it was always going to be a controversial choice (See also: "Hey, remember when Ben Affleck was chosen to play Batman and the Internet exploded?"). With Gal Gadot named as the first cinematic incarnation of Diana in her 72-year history, it comes as absolutely no surprise that fandom collectively took to Twitter to voice its reaction.
Wonder Woman has been cast. Internet premature meltdown commencing in 5, 4, 3, 2...
— Ron Marz (@ronmarz) December 4, 2013
So progressive of the WB to announce Wonder Woman won't get her own movie a week after 2 of the biggest female-lead movies ever opened.
— Faith Erin Hicks (@faitherinhicks) December 4, 2013
Should've cast Beyonce as Wonder Woman. She's one of the biggest stars on earth, & there's no better publicity than racists yelling at you.
— Joe Hughes (@JoeHughes28) December 4, 2013
Wonder Woman, but directed by Snyder. "Here's this cookie, ps it's made of razorblades."
— Sarah Kuhn (@sarahkuhn) December 4, 2013
I cant wait for the swooping camera shot of batman, superman & wonder woman standing back to back surrounded by villains. #internetsnark
— James Viscardi (@JimViscardi) December 4, 2013
I am cautiously optimistic about this Wonder Woman news.
— Gail Simone (@GailSimone) December 4, 2013
I've met Gal Gadot. She's very pretty. She also looks like she'd snap in half if I leaned on her wrong.
— Drew McWeeny (@DrewAtHitFix) December 4, 2013
Gal Gadot was in the Israeli army for two years.
— Brett Whitechristmas (@brettwhite) December 4, 2013
"Gal Gadot is too skinny!" "Jennifer Lawrence is too fat!" "This chair is juuuust right."
— Alex Zalben (@azalben) December 4, 2013
Hey we haven't even seen the new Wonder Woman actress in costume yet -- hold your horses, nerds.
— jessiawesome (@jessiawesome) December 4, 2013
Just remember: The movie's still more than a year away. If you've not announced your allegiance to Team Gadot or Team God No, there's a lot of time left to make that happen.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)