'Wonder Woman' Movie May Be On The Way, Won't Be Called 'Wonder Woman'
Supervising producer for DC animated movies says there'll "probably" be a Wonder Woman-centric project in the future, under the "Justice League" brand.
While the prospect of a live-action Wonder Woman movie remains somewhat stalled, much to the frustration of her fans, it's not entirely impossible that we could see another animated feature-length story centering around the character, according to the supervising producer of Warner Bros' DC animated features. There's just one thing: It probably wouldn't include the words Wonder Woman in the title.
"We'll probably do a Wonder Woman-centered Justice League movie," James Tucker told the ToonZone website while promoting the Justice League: War home release. "We'll use the Justice League as an umbrella to focus on characters who might not be able to support DVDs of their own. That's not my judgment, that's based on sales."
Warner Bros. Animation had previously released a Wonder Woman animated movie in 2009, written by the character's comic book writer at the time, Gail Simone. Although well-reviewed, apparently the movie wasn't profitable enough to merit a follow-up; in the intervening years, WB has concentrated on Superman, Batman and Justice League-branded projects, with a slight detour into Green Lantern material to accompany the ill-fated live-action 2011 movie.
"We'll handle Wonder Woman in our own way, regardless of whether they'll do a [live action] movie or not," Tucker went on. "I like her as a character and want to feature her as much as we can. But it will probably be in the context of a Justice League movie."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)