Woodley On The Possibility of an 'Amazing Spider-Man 3' Appearance
Her performance as Mary Jane Watson is missing from Marc Webb's second "Amazing Spider-Man," but "Divergent" may be the reason Shailene Woodley is absent from the third.
Her appearance as Mary Jane Watson in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 ended up on the cutting room floor, but is there a possibility that Shailene Woodley could show up in The Amazing Spider-Man 3? Not so much, according to the actress.
"I don't know anything, but seeing as how they picked up the next two Divergent films, I don't know how I'd keep my sanity with two big action films in one year," Woodley told MTV, referring to the planned 2016 release of both Amazing Spider-Man 3 and Allegiant, third movie in the Divergent series. "But," she continued, "anything can happen, so ... "
Woodley worked on Marc Webb's second Spider-Man movie for three days, but was cut from the movie last June when Webb decides to "streamline the story," eliminating her character all together.
Divergent opens March 21.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Leonardo DiCaprio Tries to Keep Low Profile After Raising $25 Million
- Nina Dobrev & Damon Wayans, Jr. Play 'Let's Be Cops' at Comic-Con 2014
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Get Cleaned Up at Her House After Sweaty Workout
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!