'Words' Writer-Directors Tackling YA Adaptation 'Break My Heart 1,000 Times' (Exclusive)
The Gold Circle project is based on an upcoming novel from "Generation Dead" author Daniel Waters.
Brian Klugman and Lee Sternthal, the duo behind the Sept. 7 Bradley Cooper release The Words, have been hired to direct Gold Circle's supernatural thriller Break My Heart 1,000 Times.
The YA novel written by Daniel Waters (Generation Dead) is to be published next month by Hyperion. It was adapted by Jason Fuchs (Ice Age: Continental Drift). Klugman and Sternthal will do a polish before going out to cast.
Break My Heart, described as having elements of Disturbia and The Sixth Sense, is set nine years after a cataclysmic event has left ghosts inhabiting the ordinary world. While most apparitions seem to be harmless, one 16-year-old girl finds herself stalked by one she believes is a serial killer.
The film will be fully financed by Gold Circle, and company president Paul Brooks will produce. (The company is behind the buzz-generating upcoming musical comedy Pitch Perfect.)
Scott Niemeyer will executive produce, and vp Brad Kessell, who developed the script, will co-produce.
Grads of the Sundance Screenwriting Lab, Klugman and Sternthal received a story credit on Tron: Legacy and make their directing debut with Words, which premiered at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival. Cooper, Zoe Saldana, Jeremy Irons, Olivia Wilde and Dennis Quad star in the romantic drama being released by CBS Films.
They are writers and exec producers on When Gravity Fails, an adaptation of a George Alec Effinger novel set up at IM Global with Scott Derrickson directing.
The duo is repped by ICM Partners, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Myman Greenspan.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!