Edgar Wright's 'The World's End' Adds Martin Freeman, Paddy Considine and Rosamund Pike
The project is produced by Working Title Films and Big Talk and stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.
LONDON – Martin Freeman (The Hobbit), Paddy Considine (The Bourne Ultimatum), Eddie Marsan (Sherlock Holmes) and Rosamund Pike (Jack Reacher) have joined the cast of Edgar Wright’s The World’s End.
Billed as the third film in Wright's trilogies of comedies after successes Shaun of the Dead (2004) and Hot Fuzz (2007), the movie also stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.
The World’s End is produced by Nira Park of Big Talk and Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner.
The film will be executive-produced by James Biddle, Wright, Pegg, Frost, and Liza Chasin.
Co-written by Wright and Pegg the script details the story of five childhood friends who reunite at adults to try an epic bar hop again, starting at the World's End hostelry.
As they attempt to reconcile the past and present, they realize the real struggle is for the future, not just theirs, but humankind’s.
The movie is shooting in the U.K. and as with the first two movies in the trilogy, Universal Pictures International (UPI) will distribute it internationally with Focus Features rolling it out in North America.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Anne Hathaway Does Tai Chi with Robert De Niro Again!
- Emma Watson Gives a Powerful Speech About Gender Equality - Watch the Video & Read Full Transcipt Here
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak