Would You Re-Elect 'The Hunger Game's' President Snow? (Video)
Saving the world is one thing, but running for re-election is far more trouble, as these parody campaign ads for fictional presidents prove.
It's one thing for a fictional president to save the world -- or rule over a cruel dystopia -- once elected, but how would he or she deal with the campaign to return to office afterward? A new series of videos offer a glimpse at the campaign ads that run after the end credits.
Created by The Devastator and CineFix, the three ads -- promoting Air Force One's President Marshall and The Hunger Games' President Snow, with one running against Independence Day's President Whitmore -- are more parodies of political cliche than attempts to design specific ads for each candidate. But that's not to say that they aren't effective. Could you really find yourself voting for Whitmore after seeing him flip-flop on the question of using nuclear weapons against extraterrestrial invaders? I think we all know the answer to that question.
The series will continue with an ad comparing the presidents from Deep Impact and Armageddon. Personally, I'm holding out for an ad about President Sawyer, the real American hero from White House Down. Watch the videos below.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Ep. 12 Recap: 'Remember' Welcomes Team Rick To The Neighborhood
- Kendall Jenner's Throwback Bikini Photo Reminds Us The Winter Struggle Is Real
- Hollywood's Diversity Problem Starts At The Top, UCLA Report Finds
- Michael Jordan Fails Yet Again To Win 'Richest Person In The World' Title
- The Best Scene in House of Cards Happens in a Women’s Bathroom
- Veronica Roth’s Divergent Follow-up Will Be Star Wars–esque
- Ryan Murphy Gives Touching Speech, Reflects on Glee’s Legacy of Creating Acceptance Through Understanding
- Bob’s Burgers Did Its Own Game of Thrones Last Night, and You Should Be Thankful
- Cody Simpson to Co-Host Victoria's Secret PINK's Spring Break Bash with Gigi Hadid & Rachel Hilbert! (Exclusive)
- Patrick Schwarzenegger Braves Torrential Rain for Lunch with Miley Cyrus!
- Lily James & Cate Blanchett Look Picture Perfect at 'Cinderella' Premiere
- Mumford & Sons Announce New Album 'Wilder Mind' With a Brand New Sound!